Wednesday, August 31, 2005

SOUND CAN CREATE, INTEGRATE, REGULATE, OR TRANSFORM AN EXISTING ENERGY PATTERN

SOUND CAN CREATE, INTEGRATE, REGULATE, OR TRANSFORM AN EXISTING ENERGY PATTERN

Sound has been used effectively by many of the world’s spiritual traditions to alter consciousness or heal the body. Mantras, prayers, and chants all generate a pattern of energy that calms the mind and rebalances the body. Studies show that repetitive sound transforms the alpha and beta wave patterns in the brain into theta. The theta brain wave pattern is conducive to relaxation and has been linked to a sense of heightened creativity. Sound has also been used as an effective tool for opening the body’s various energy meridians and charkas. As Margo Anand observes:

Just as the resonance of one high, operatic note can break a crystal glass, and the right words can open a mind or heart, the right sound can open your charkas. The word chakra means “vortex, center, or resonance”. If we direct a sound that resonates into the center of a chakra, it can open like a flower. Every mystery school from ancient times to the present uses sound for these purposes (1998:237)

Promoting health by keeping the energy meridians and charkas open and clear in an important feature of East Indian and Oriental medicine. Both approaches envision the body as a bio-energetic network of meridians interconnected throughout the body and through the major organs. The meridians provide structural and patterned information to the cells of the body during growth and development from conception to adulthood. Medical treatment involves identifying the source and location of any blocks in this system that are impeding healthy energy flow and then removing them. “The acupuncture meridians are a type of biocircuitry network that supplies life energy to the different organs of the body. The meridians have surface points, known as acupuncture points, that are like energetic pores” (Gerber, 1996:xx). Stimulation of these key points with needles—or sound—can help release blocks and promote healing. Sound Attunement Therapy uses both the hoop drum and the West African drum called a “djembe” to induce sound stimulation to these points to promote healing.

As these brief illustrations show, sound has a profound effect upon the physiology and emotions.

For more information on the effects of Sound Attunement Therapy and Bio-Energetic Reconfiguration check out the “Testimonials” section on www.healingdrummer.com or contact Toby Christensen at toby@healingdrummer.com

1 Comments:

Blogger cricket said...

Boy oh boy, you said a mouthful here.

I first met Toby Christensen, and Michelle Christensen, at a healing circle about 3 years ago. My friend begged me to attend with her. Neither of us had any knowlege of this group or about what we found. Sound Attunment Therapy, Journey,and Reiki combined. I sat next to the door, so if it got to weird I could bolt.

Needless to say, I was greatly moved by what I witnessed and have been an intigral member of the circle since that time.

Even though the work was being done directly on other people I felt the opening in myself. It was awhile before I took the leap to have the Sound Attunment therapy done direcly on myself.

WOW, I am completely hooked. I had always been attracted to the drum, and dance. I had no idea what directed drum energy could feel like. There is nothing better in the world.

I now have 4 djembe and 3 hoop drums. I have advanced enough thru attending the Workshops Toby offers to attend to myself and my family and circle's needs for TUNING THE SOUL. My granddaughter who is 4, loves it when I play the drum for her.

I just got a new djembe from Toby's new shipment of djembes from Ghana. Holy smokes, it moves mountains, Well it is one of the BIG ones. I encourage every one to take a look at the new drums. Having one in your home, wether you can play it like Toby, or play it like a Grandma, does not mater, the important thing here is that the sound will fill your home and life with positive energy.

I have never been able to sustain a mantra, but the drum, it just keeps going and never lets me down.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home