Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Leading Followers or The Following Leaders?

It still surprises me that people have such a hard time taking their own power. I teach workshops all over the country and people are always saying “No guru for me, I want to connect to my own power and find my own direction." Then when I facilitate a workshop that directs people to connect with their own guidance they complain that I don’t give them enough feedback to validate their experience. Figure that??? If they need me to validate them, Isn't that giving me a little too much power?

Being in ones power can be a very tricky thing. We learn to connect to our own guidance and then we validate our own experience. This is what Shamanism is all about. When asked,” How do you know if someone is a shaman?" A teacher responded, "Do they journey to the unseen worlds and do they perform miracles? If the answer is yes, that’s how you know." In the place of empowerment you build your own relationship with helpers and teachers and move into an empowered place through this process. I heard Michael Harner tell one student looking for validation about their journey, “It was your journey, if it was there, then it was there. I was not there so how would I know?” In this time in history we can see the gap growing between the Shepard and the sheep. Lets throw this concept out, take up your own power and walk your path! Through the power of the drum we can be transported to a place of authentic empowerment if we will follow the time tested pathways taught on the shamanic path and TRUST our selves. Go into the place of the seven gateways to the heart and begin to connect to your power, build relationships with your power helpers and be a contributing energy on the planet. We need people of power holding space in these very troubling times. “The sound of the drum is the tuning of the soul” – Sobonfu Some’

www.healingdrummer.com

1 Comments:

Blogger cricket said...

It is strange knowing that you are in charge of yourself. It's as if you never tried to walk before, and someone walks past you. Hey how they do that? The same thing in principle here. You don't know if you have never experienced it, then you want a "teacher" to show you how, but if your teacher has a limp, so will you. Thank you for encouraging living souls to encounter their own power,your tuning of the space around people is your special gift, their gift is to take hold, and learn in their own way their own gift.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home