Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Healer Or Facilitator ?

I was talking to a friend of mine who works with people to clear their karma. As we talked about the work I do he explained to me that if someone is suffering it does not necessarily mean that there is something “wrong” with them. He said something to the effect that by engaging in “healing” someone, we are making the assumption that #1 there is something “wrong” that needs to be healed, and #2 we are assuming that we (the healer) can do it. He said that by engaging in “healing” someone, we are actually creating karma with that person. This really got me thinking! What he said has been working it’s way into my understanding for the last few months. He asked, “Are you a healer?” I replied, “Of course NOT, I’m just the drummer!” He looked puzzled and smiled. As we continued to talk the conversation was directed to clearly defining our mission when we are called to work in a capacity to help others.

The truth is, healing occurs with Sound Attunement Therapy and the shamanic work I do. I have seen amazing miracles with people and animals. I have had people come to me who have HIV/aids, cancer, people who suffer from substance abuse, depression, and many other maladies. I have seen them miraculously change before my very eyes. The results are clear, The sound of the drum is the tuning of the soul. As a physician from OHSU put it, “This stuff works. It’s a stretch for me, but I can feel the shift. It works” The thing I remember however, is that I am not the one doing the healing. I am holding space with sound to allow the person I am working on to find the healer within themselves. I make the distinction to call myself a facilitator of change and transformation. I am one who holds space for empowerment. This is the place of helpfulness.

As we move into a time in our world where we are seeing humanity at war on all fronts, political and corporate corruption at an unprecedented level, and the tragic loss of over a hundred thousand people in South Asia from the Tsunami. It is more critical than ever that we who have been called to bring healing space into the world do it with power and integrity. We need to bring our gifts to the world and hold the space for those who suffer so they can get through what ever they need to get through and be in peace. I challenge each of you who is called to bring healing to the world to dedicate just one hour per week to hold the earth and it’s inhabitance in the energy of love and empowerment. We can change the world!!!
For information about Toby christensen or Toby's facilitation often refered to as Sound Healing or Drum Healing check out www.healingdrummer.com

1 Comments:

Blogger cricket said...

I accept your challange for holding space that enables others to find their own healing attributes. I have come to find out that it is the holding of the space, without qualifications, that gives me the energy to continue facilitating for the planet, and its inhabitants. I also want to thank you for showing me the benifits of the "blog". Keep writing and I will keep reading.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home